Subscribers! Add a note to this movie and/or put it into one of your private movie lists.
Lewis is an orphan who dreams of finding a family. His journey takes an unexpected turn when a mysterious stranger named Wilbur Robinson whisks him away to a world where anything is possible…THE FUTURE. There, he meets an incredible assortment of characters and a family beyond his wildest imagination, the Robinsons, who help lead him on an amazing and hilarious adventure with heartfelt results.
Animated Comedy - This is a visually stunning animated adventure/comedy/fantasy that
will hold appeal to viewers of all ages, from kids to adults, male
and female. Select showings in 3-D amp up the visual appeal.
Roger EbertFull Review Good Though state-of-the-art technically, I think you'll find there's a healthy, old-fashioned feel to this movie -- one that will make you walk out of the theater feeling satisfied, and all warm 'n fuzzy inside.
USA TodayFull Review Good Meet the Robinsons is a fanciful ride that is sweet, entertaining and amusing. And though the story is rather slight, there is still significant excitement.
Note: The rating
above is our interpretation of what the critic would give this movie based on
their review. We are not affiliated with these critic's in any way.
OPINION OVERVIEW The following is the original "What's Worth
Watching" write-up for this movie.
Based on a theater exit polling of 183 moviegoers:
CHILDREN:Children loved "Meet the Robinsons." Highly Recommended!
TEENS:Most enjoyed it very much. Recommended.
TWENTYSOMETHINGS:Excellent Opinions! There weren't very many moviegoers in this age group but they almost all enjoyed it very much. Highly Recommended!
ADULTS:The adult opinions are very good, but not quite as high as some previous animated movies. With approximately 75% rating it "Very Good," or higher, and most of the remaining 25% rating it average, I can certainly recommend "Meet the Robinsons" as a great movie for the entire family.
The story begins with Lewis, a boy genius with a love of gizmos and gadgets and an undying hope of finding the family he never knew. But Lewis' journey is about to take him to a place even he couldn't have imagined, a place where the impossible no longer exists: the future. When Lewis encounters a mysterious stranger named Wilbur Robinson, he's in for the time-travel of his life and will be whisked off to meet a family unlike any other— the sublimely fun and futuristic Robinsons—who will help him to discover a series of amazing and heartfelt secrets about his own limitless potential. But his incredible trip will also bring him into conflict with a villain who gives evil a bad name: the bungling Bowler Hat Guy, who steals Lewis' only way home.