Navigation Bar - Text Links at Bottom of Page

DIVERGENT

 
Links to Sections of this page
At Theaters: 3/21/2014 On Video:
Rated: PG-13 Length: 2 hr. 10 min.
Internet: Web Site Movie ID: 600264
Studio: Summit Entertainment
Subscribers! Add a note to this movie and/or
put it in
to one of your private movie lists.
Notes: 
Storyline Heading
In a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on their personalities, Tris Prior is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late.
.
Movie Type (Genre) Heading
Adventure Sci-Fi - This is a female-centered science fiction action-adventure based on a popular young adult novel series. Unlike most films of its genre, visual effects are fairly minimal. There are a number of known veteran stars in the cast, the lead is young Shailene Woodley. There is a minimum of blood and language, but the film may be too dark and intense for young children.
TOP
Cast and Crew Heading
Shailene Woodley THE SPECTACULAR NOW, THE DESCENDANTS
Theo James UNDERWORLD: AWAKENING
Jai Courtney A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD, JACK REACHER
Kate Winslet LABOR DAY, TITANIC
Ashley Judd DOLPHIN TALE, TOOTH FAIRY, BUG, DE-LOVELY, TWISTED
Wri/Dir: Neil Burger LIMITLESS, THE ILLUSIONIST
TOP
Production Notes Heading
Divergent Ziplines From Page to Screen
Choosing The Cast
Choosing The Cast (Continued)
About The Production
Locations and Sets
Training the Dauntless
Chasing Trains
Leap into Dauntless
Around Chicago Streets
The Navy Pier Ferris Wheel
Simulations
Other Sets
Costumes Define the Factions
Music
TOP
Content Heading
PROFANITY: 4 miscellaneous profanities.
SEX/NUDITY: None.
VIOLENCE: Fights and shootings with minimal to moderate blood.
DRUGS/ALCOHOL: None.
ACTION: Fights, chases.
COMEDY: Rare comic lines.
DETAILED CONTENT
TOP











Pictures © Summit Entertainment ®
All Rights Reserved.

Critic's Review Heading

Berardinelli, Internet Critic Full Review
Good As an entry point into a new world, Divergent provides a worthwhile portal.

Roger Ebert Full Review
Above Average 'Divergent' is all about identity—about searching your soul and determining who you are and how you fit in as you emerge from adolescence to adulthood.

USA Today Full Review
Above Average It's enlivened by a strong pair of lead performances, but the story feels all too familiar.

Washington Post Full Review
Good It's rare that a movie is as good as the book on which it's based. It's even more unusual when it's better.

Note: The rating above is our interpretation of what the critic would give this movie based on their review. We are not affiliated with these critic's in any way.

TOP

Opinion Heading

Based on an Exit Polling of 118 Moviegoers

Ages Age Group
How
Many
Your Probability of
Enjoying This Movie
*
Would
Recommend
Movie To Friends
13-19Teens (M)
8
High
100%
13-19Teens (F)
48
Very High
100%
20-29Yg Adults (M)
6
Fairly High
100%
20-29Yg Adults (F)
13
Very High
100%
30+Adults (M)
15
High
100%
30+Adults (F)
28
Very High
100%
*Possible Ratings: Very High, High, Fairly High, About 50/50, Fairly Low, Low, Very Low.

About Our Opinions

Be sure to read the DETAILED OPINIONS
The positive and negative comments made by moviegoers are very
helpful when selecting a movie that's appropriate for you and your family.

TOP

OPINION GRAPH

OPINION OVERVIEW
The following is the original "What's Worth Watching" write-up for this movie.

Moviegoer Opinions:

Based on a theater exit polling of 118 moviegoers:
TEENS: Over half the males and nearly all the females, LOVED "DIVERGENT." About 30% of the males only rated it "average," which is a bit disappointing, but certainly not bad.
TWENTYSOMETHINGS: Of the males, 30% loved it and 70% rated it "above average," which indicates a movie they enjoyed very much. GREAT REVIEWS FROM THE LADIES! Three-quarters indicated they LOVED "DIVERGENT" and the remaining third rated it "above average."
ADULTS: The female reviews are extremely high, similar to what they've been for the other age groups. This is obviously a MUST SEE MOVIE FOR THE LADIES! The male reviews are very good, but not quite great. About 70% loved it but the remaining 30% only felt it was an "average" movie.

(Use "BACK" On Your Browser To Return To Previous Pages)
|Home|Theaters|Video|TV|

Your Comments and Suggestions are Always Welcome.
Contact CinemaReview.com 

InstantKeys – Your #1 source to global news!

Images and Storyline(s) ©Summit Entertainment®,  All Rights Reserved.
Movie Type, Review and Opinions © Cinema Review
  All Rights Reserved.

Find:  HELP!

Google

Google