Subscribers! Add a note to this movie and/or put it into one of your private movie lists.
After discovering her boyfriend is married, Carly soon meets the wife he's been cheating on. And when yet another affair is discovered, all three women team up to plot mutual revenge on the three-timing SOB.
Comedy - This is a comedy aimed at female moviegoers though men should enjoy
as well, for it's not a romantic comedy but something more edgy.
Fans of Cameron Diaz and especially Leslie Mann should enjoy, as well
as Kate Upton in her first major film role. The male actors are
distinctly secondary. Sex talk and suggestive humor as well as adult
subject matter make this not for kids.
PROFANITY: 3 F-words, over 30 S-words, a number of others. SEX/NUDITY: None. VIOLENCE: A man walks into a wall; comic fighting and falls. DRUGS/ALCOHOL: Frequent alcohol. ACTION: None. COMEDY: Constant banter, often suggestive; slapstick.
Berardinelli, Internet CriticFull Review Below Average The Other Woman ignores dozens of potentially edgy possibilities to tell the most banal story imaginable - and to do it badly. Cassavetes isn't solely responsible for this misbegotten creation but, as director, he has to assume the lion's share of the liability.
Roger EbertFull Review Average While "The Other Woman" raises some thoughtful questions about independence, identity and the importance of sisterhood, ultimately it would rather poop on them and then throw them through a window in hopes of the getting the big laugh.
USA TodayFull Review Average Revenge is insipidly sour in "The Other Woman." The vapid story — and its intended humor — meanders and loses its way in predictable sit-com style. The film works initially when it pairs up the odd couple of Mann's hysterically distraught suburban wife with Diaz's level-headed urban girlfriend. Awkward moments between them are intermittently amusing.
Note: The rating
above is our interpretation of what the critic would give this movie based on
their review. We are not affiliated with these critic's in any way.
OPINION OVERVIEW The following is the original "What's Worth
Watching" write-up for this movie.
Based on a theater exit polling of 90 moviegoers:
TEENS: One male loved it, one rated it "above average" and one felt it was just an "average" movie. Unfortunately, two rated it "poor." The female reviews are much higher. Nearly all the ladies loved "The Other Woman."
TWENTYSOMETHINGS: Three of the males loved it and one rated it "average." About 85% of the ladies either loved it or indicated that they enjoyed it very much. The remaining 15% rated it "average."
ADULTS: These are decent reviews from the guys considering the type of movie this is. About a third loved it and another third enjoyed it very much. The final third rated it "Average" (enjoyable but nothing special or memorable).
Carly Whitten (Diaz) is a tough-as-nails New York lawyer with a strict set of rules when it comes to men and relationships. When she meets Mark King (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), she lets her guard down and begins to fall for him. A spontaneous, surprise visit to King's Connecticut home goes awry when Carly discovers that Mark has a wife, Kate (Mann). A devoted super-housewife, Kate is shocked that Mark has been cheating on her, and Carly is furious to learn that Mark is a married man. But instead of directing their outrage toward one another, Carly and Kate slowly begin to bond over their joint enemy, and, with help from Amber (Upton), a third woman caught up in Mark's lies, they conspire to give him what he deserves. As their strategies become more ingenious, their bond grows stronger.