Navigation Bar - Text Links at Bottom of Page

PETE'S DRAGON

 
Links to Sections of this page
At Theaters: 8/12/2016 On Video: 11/29/2016
Rated: PG Length: 1 hr. 44 min.
Internet: Web Site Movie ID: 600818
Studio: Disney Pictures Inc.
Subscribers! Add a note to this movie and/or
put it in
to one of your private movie lists.
Notes: 
Storyline Heading
The adventures of an orphaned boy named Pete and his best friend Elliot, who just so happens to be a dragon.
.
Movie Type (Genre) Heading
Adventure Fantasy - This is not a remake of the familiar 1977 Disney live action/animated musical, but an entirely new film, with a lot of modern special effects, sharing the film's title and a couple of the character names. But like that earlier film it is an adventure aimed at the entire family, with a focus on kids, particularly boys. There are some moments that may be scary and intense for the youngest of kids, but most parents will find this suitable for school age children. Fans of lead Bryce Dallas Howard will enjoy, but Robert Redford's role is fairly small.
TOP
Cast and Crew Heading
Oakes Fegley FORT BLISS
Robert Redford TRUTH, A WALK IN THE WOODS
Bryce Dallas Howard JURASSIC WORLD, 50/50, THE HELP, HEREAFTER
Director: David Lowery AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS
TOP
Production Notes Heading
Not provided by studio.
TOP
Content Heading
PROFANITY: None.
SEX/NUDITY: None.
VIOLENCE: Some falls.
DRUGS/ALCOHOL: None.
ACTION: Chases, crashes, fires, destruction.
COMEDY: Comic lines; physical and sight gags with kids and dragons.
DETAILED CONTENT
TOP











Pictures © Disney Pictures Inc. ®
All Rights Reserved.

Critic's Review Heading

Roger Ebert Full Review
Very Good This is one of those medium-sized (or medium-sized seeming) movies with a big heart and lots of family appeal—the kind of film that can make adults feel like kids without making them feel gullible or stupid...

USA Today Full Review
Good The movie knows what it is and embraces that rather than going for storytelling gymnastics or a greatly nuanced family adventure. All one needs to grasp is the hope and inherent magic of a kid and a dragon being BFFs, then let the feels flow from there.

NY Post Full Review
Very Good "E.T.,” phone "Jungle Book.” Melding the two makes "Pete's Dragon,” a cinematic enchantment, a low-key 1970s-style kids' movie brimming with sincerity and heart. It's one of the best films of the year.

Rolling Stone Full Review
Good ...as family fun goes, Pete's Dragon fills the bill without sending adults into sugar shock. When the movie soars — and it does where it counts — is in the scenes with Pete and Elliot. Kudos to the visual effects masters... Pete's Dragon is that rare family film you really can take to heart.

Note: The rating above is our interpretation of what the critic would give this movie based on their review. We are not affiliated with these critic's in any way.

TOP

Opinion Heading

Based on an Exit Polling of 95 Moviegoers

Ages Age Group
How
Many
Your Probability of
Enjoying This Movie
*
Would
Recommend
Movie To Friends
1-12Children (M/F)
32
Very High
100%
13-19Teens (M)
1
Fairly Low
100%
13-19Teens (F)
3
High
100%
20-29Yg Adults (F)
1
Very High
100%
30+Adults (M)
27
Very High
96%
30+Adults (F)
31
Very High
94%
*Possible Ratings: Very High, High, Fairly High, About 50/50, Fairly Low, Low, Very Low.

About Our Opinions

Be sure to read the DETAILED OPINIONS
The positive and negative comments made by moviegoers are very
helpful when selecting a movie that's appropriate for you and your family.

TOP

OPINION GRAPH

OPINION OVERVIEW
The following is the original "What's Worth Watching" write-up for this movie.

Moviegoer Opinions:

Based on a theater exit polling of 95 moviegoers:
GREAT REVIEWS! All ages, both males and females, LOVED "PETE'S DRAGON." Approximately 90% either loved it or enjoyed it very much. Of the remaining 10% about half rated it "average" but the remaining 5% rated it low.

(Use "BACK" On Your Browser To Return To Previous Pages)
|Home|Theaters|Video|TV|

Your Comments and Suggestions are Always Welcome.
Contact CinemaReview.com 

InstantKeys – Your #1 source to global news!

Images and Storyline(s) ©Disney Pictures Inc.®,  All Rights Reserved.
Movie Type, Review and Opinions © Cinema Review
  All Rights Reserved.

Find:  HELP!

Google

Google