Navigation Bar - Text Links at Bottom of Page

SICARIO: DAY OF THE SOLDADO

 
Links to Sections of this page
At Theaters: 6/29/2018 On Video:
Rated: R Length: 2 hr. 2 min.
Internet: None Found Movie ID: 601192
Studio: Sony Pictures Inc.
Subscribers! Add a note to this movie and/or
put it in
to one of your private movie lists.
Notes: 
Storyline Heading
In the drug war, there are no rules - and as the cartels have begun trafficking terrorists across the US border, federal agent Matt Graver calls on the mysterious Alejandro, whose family was murdered by a cartel kingpin, to escalate the war in nefarious ways. Alejandro kidnaps the kingpin's daughter to inflame the conflict - but when the girl is seen as collateral damage, her fate will come between the two men as they question everything they are fighting for.
.
Movie Type (Genre) Heading
Action Crime Drama - This sequel to the 2015 crime drama is more of an action film, and original lead Emily Blunt does not return though her co-stars Josh Brolin and Benicio del Toro, the latter now the focal star. Constant language and very bloody violence make the film not for kids.
TOP
Cast and Crew Heading
Benicio del Toro SICARIO, THE WOLFMAN
Josh Brolin DEADPOOL 2, ONLY THE BRAVE, SICARIO, INHERENT VICE
Isabela Moner MIDDLE SCHOOL: THE WORST YEARS OF MY LIFE
Director: Stefano Sollima Italian TV - GOMORRAH
TOP
Production Notes Heading
Production Information
TOP
Content Heading
PROFANITY: Well over 30 F-words; 11 S-words; a few others.
SEX/NUDITY: None.
VIOLENCE: Bloody shootings and killings; fights.
DRUGS/ALCOHOL: Tobacco, including by teens; some alcohol.
ACTION: Explosions; gunplay; fighting.
COMEDY: None.
DETAILED CONTENT
TOP











Pictures © Sony Pictures Inc. ®
All Rights Reserved.

Critic's Review Heading

Berardinelli, Internet Critic Full Review
Good ...despite not being on quite the same levels as their predecessors, provide reasons to make trips to theaters. Watching and appreciating the movie doesn't require the viewer to have seen Sicario (although it helps provide background on Graver and Alejandro); Day of the Soldado stands on its own.

USA Today Full Review
Above Average ...Brolin and Benicio Del Toro's morally dubious characters keep "Soldado" gripping while subject matter makes it relevant.

Rolling Stone Full Review
Above Average Sequel Brings the Carnage, Fearmongering

Slant Magazine Full Review
Good The film's late affronts to plausibility exhibit that ethos precisely, as well as echo the discontent of summer 2018.

Note: The rating above is our interpretation of what the critic would give this movie based on their review. We are not affiliated with these critic's in any way.

TOP

Opinion Heading

Based on an Exit Polling of 30 Moviegoers

Ages Age Group
How
Many
Your Probability of
Enjoying This Movie
*
Would
Recommend
Movie To Friends
13-19Teens (M)
3
Fairly High
100%
20-29Yg Adults (M)
7
Fairly High
100%
20-29Yg Adults (F)
1
Very High
100%
30+Adults (M)
9
High
100%
30+Adults (F)
10
High
100%
*Possible Ratings: Very High, High, Fairly High, About 50/50, Fairly Low, Low, Very Low.

About Our Opinions

Be sure to read the DETAILED OPINIONS
The positive and negative comments made by moviegoers are very
helpful when selecting a movie that's appropriate for you and your family.

TOP

OPINION GRAPH

OPINION OVERVIEW
The following is the original "What's Worth Watching" write-up for this movie.

Moviegoer Opinions:

Based on a theater exit polling of 30 moviegoers:
TEENS: The 3 males all enjoyed this movie very much, but didn't love it.
TWENTYSOMETHINGS: Three males loved it and four enjoyed it very much, which is a great review. The lone female also loved it.
ADULTS: About 80% of both the males and females loved "Day of the Soldado." The remaining 20% rated it "average" (enjoyable but nothing special or memorable).

(Use "BACK" On Your Browser To Return To Previous Pages)
|Home|Theaters|Video|TV|

Your Comments and Suggestions are Always Welcome.
Contact CinemaReview.com 

InstantKeys – Your #1 source to global news!

Images and Storyline(s) ©Sony Pictures Inc.®,  All Rights Reserved.
Movie Type, Review and Opinions © Cinema Review
  All Rights Reserved.

Find:  HELP!

Google

Google