Navigation Bar - Text Links at Bottom of Page

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP

 
Links to Sections of this page
At Theaters: 7/6/2018 On Video:
Rated: PG-13 Length: 1 hr. 58 min.
Internet: None Found Movie ID: 601194
Studio: Disney Pictures Inc.
Subscribers! Add a note to this movie and/or
put it in
to one of your private movie lists.
Notes: 
Storyline Heading
As Scott Lang balances being both a Super Hero and a father, Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym present an urgent new mission that finds the Ant-Man fighting alongside The Wasp to uncover secrets from their past.
.
Movie Type (Genre) Heading
Action Adventure Sci-Fi - This is superhero action-adventure from Marvel takes place before the events in this summer's Avengers film, and in keeping with the Ant-Man series is a very light and often comedic film. Fans of the previous Ant-Man film and stars Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Pena, and Michael Douglas will enjoy. Michelle Pfeiffer fans will be disappointed by her very limited screen time. There is some mild language, and some action scenes may be intense for the very young, but as with the previous film, this is perhaps the most kid-friendly series of the Marvel brand.
TOP
Cast and Crew Heading
Paul Rudd THE LITTLE PRINCE, ANT-MAN
Evangeline Lilly ANT-MAN, REAL STEEL, THE HURT LOCKER
Michael Pena 12 STRONG, MY LITTLE PONY: THE MOVIE
Director: Peyton Reed ANT-MAN, YES MAN, THE BREAK-UP, DOWN WITH LOVE
TOP
Production Notes Heading
Not provided by studio.
TOP
Content Heading
PROFANITY: 2 S-words; 1 GD; a few others.
SEX/NUDITY: None.
VIOLENCE: Fights and falls with minimal blood.
DRUGS/ALCOHOL: None.
ACTION: Fights, chases, collisions, crashes.
COMEDY: Frequent banter, wisecracks, physical and sight gags.
DETAILED CONTENT
TOP











Pictures © Disney Pictures Inc. ®
All Rights Reserved.

Critic's Review Heading

Berardinelli, Internet Critic Full Review
Average Plodding, repetitive, replete with technobabble nonsense and lifeless action, this is easily the worst-written of any of the 20 MCU offerings and may be the worst all-around film featuring a Marvel superhero since Sony rebooted Spider-Man.

Roger Ebert Full Review
Good "Ant-Man and the Wasp” really takes off once its creators stop setting up their shaggy dog plot, and start focusing on plugging their better ideas into dynamic car chases, fight scenes, and comedic routines.

USA Today Full Review
Good ...has everything that made the original "Ant-Man" a quirky, family-friendly treat — same core cast, same size-changing antics, same big heart — but with one exceptional addition: Evangeline Lilly's Wasp, whose headstrong sting and killer moves make her just as watchable as any of the A-list Avengers. (Take that, Hulk.)

NY Post Full Review
Average ...barely an exoskeleton next to its much better predecessor. ...the movie avoids being a disaster thanks to Rudd. He's one of the most appealing actors around, knows it and always delivers. Too bad his sense of humor is being used as a Band-Aid here for lazy writing.

Note: The rating above is our interpretation of what the critic would give this movie based on their review. We are not affiliated with these critic's in any way.

TOP

Opinion Heading

Based on an Exit Polling of 154 Moviegoers

Ages Age Group
How
Many
Your Probability of
Enjoying This Movie
*
Would
Recommend
Movie To Friends
1-12Children (M/F)
16
Very High
100%
13-19Teens (M)
21
High
100%
13-19Teens (F)
7
High
100%
20-29Yg Adults (M)
16
High
100%
20-29Yg Adults (F)
12
High
100%
30+Adults (M)
43
High
100%
30+Adults (F)
39
High
100%
*Possible Ratings: Very High, High, Fairly High, About 50/50, Fairly Low, Low, Very Low.

About Our Opinions

Be sure to read the DETAILED OPINIONS
The positive and negative comments made by moviegoers are very
helpful when selecting a movie that's appropriate for you and your family.

TOP

OPINION GRAPH

OPINION OVERVIEW
The following is the original "What's Worth Watching" write-up for this movie.

Moviegoer Opinions:

Based on a theater exit polling of 154 moviegoers:
GREAT REVIEWS! All ages, both males and females, LOVED "ANT-MAN NAD THE WASP." Approximately 75% of moviegoers indicated that they loved it with most of the remaining 25% rating it "very good," which indicates a movie they enjoyed very much. Only a relatively small percentage of a few of the groups rated it "average" (enjoyable but nothing special or memorable).

(Use "BACK" On Your Browser To Return To Previous Pages)
|Home|Theaters|Video|TV|

Your Comments and Suggestions are Always Welcome.
Contact CinemaReview.com 

InstantKeys – Your #1 source to global news!

Images and Storyline(s) ©Disney Pictures Inc.®,  All Rights Reserved.
Movie Type, Review and Opinions © Cinema Review
  All Rights Reserved.

Find:  HELP!

Google

Google