Navigation Bar - Text Links at Bottom of Page

Previous "What's Worth Watching" At Theaters
These are also now placed in the "Opinion" section for each movie listed.

Just Released: Nov 14
BEYOND THE LIGHTS PG-13
Moviegoer Opinions:
Based on a theater exit polling of 30 moviegoers: 
GREAT REVIEWS! We weren't able to collect all that many reviews but what we did collect clearly shows that "Beyond the Lights" was enjoyed very much by virtually everyone. In fact, a big percentage indicated that they loved it.

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be quite good for this romantic drama. The target audience of women of all ages will react best. Responses from older and younger adults should be about equal.

Average critic rating:
Excellent (Roger Ebert)
Very Good (Entertainment Weekly)
Average (NY Post)

 ***** 

DUMB AND DUMBER TO PG-13
Moviegoer Opinions:
Based on a theater exit polling of 78 moviegoers: 
Very Mixed Reviews!
TEENS: The males either loved it (two-thirds) or rated it just "average" (one-third). About one-third of the ladies loved it with close to a third rating it "above average." The remaining third felt it was just an "average" movie.
TWENTYSOMETHINGS: Very mixed reviews from the males. About a third loved "Dumb and Dumber To," but the rest were disappointed. Four of the seven females loved it, one rated it "above average," another rated it just "average" and the last one hated it (they probably went to this movie with someone who is a fan of this type of movie, but they aren't).
ADULTS: Obviously, this is not a movie for most adults. These are not good reviews.

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be very good for this silly comedy. Young males will enjoy best though older adults who were fans of the first will certainly enjoy. Men will prefer over women as a whole.

Average critic rating:
Average (Berardinelli, Internet Critic)
Average (Roger Ebert)
Poor (USA Today)
Below Average (Entertainment Weekly)

 ***** 

FOXCATCHER R
Moviegoer Opinions:
Opinions are collected opening weekend and will usually be online within a few days.

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be fairly good to middling for this dark drama. Older moviegoers will react more favorably than younger adults. Men will prefer over women.

Average critic rating:
Above Average (Roger Ebert)
Above Average (Entertainment Weekly)
Good (NY Post)

 ***** 

KIRK CAMERON'S SAVING CHRISTMAS PG
Moviegoer Opinions:
Based on a theater exit polling of 45 moviegoers: 
The reviews are very similar across all age and gender groups. About 60% indicated that they enjoyed "Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas" very much with many loving it. Most of the remaining 40% rated it just "average." A few of the adults rated it low and the adult male reviews are a bit lower than the others overall.

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Considering the film is aimed squarely at its target audience and will have little drawing power to others, reactions will be very good for this family film. Older adults will enjoy most, and men and women will enjoy equally.

Average critic rating:
Sorry, critics were not given an advance showing of this movie. You can use these links to see if they provided a review after the release date:
Berardinelli (Internet), Roger Ebert, USA Today, TV Guide, Newsday.

 ***** 

THE HOMESMAN R
Moviegoer Opinions:
Opinions are collected opening weekend and will usually be online within a few days.

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be middling to low for this fairly tally and slow film. Older males will enjoy best. Men on general will prefer over women.

Average critic rating:
Sorry, critics were not given an advance showing of this movie. You can use these links to see if they provided a review after the release date:
Berardinelli (Internet), Roger Ebert, USA Today, TV Guide, Newsday.

 *****

CLICK HERE for Older Releases

Google

Google