Navigation Bar - Text Links at Bottom of Page

Previous "What's Worth Watching" On Video
These are also now placed in the "Opinion" section for each movie listed.

Just Released: Apr 19
FIFTY SHADES OF BLACK R
Moviegoer Opinions:
Opinions are collected opening weekend and will usually be online within a few days.

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be best with the target audience of young adults, and on the whole reactions will be fairly good. Males and females will enjoy about equally.

Average critic rating:
Below Average (Roger Ebert)
Below Average (Slant Magazine)

 ***** 

NORM OF THE NORTH PG
Moviegoer Opinions:
Based on a theater exit polling of 17 moviegoers: 
WOW! FANTASTIC REVIEWS! We weren't able to collect a lot of reviews but the few reviews we were able to collect clearly show "Norm of the North" is a GREAT MOVIE FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY!

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be best with kids, and on the whole reactions will be good. Males and females will enjoy about equally. Adults who are not parents of young kids will not be as amused.

Average critic rating:
Poor (Roger Ebert)
Poor (NY Post)

 ***** 

THE FOREST PG-13
Moviegoer Opinions:
Based on a theater exit polling of 18 moviegoers:
TEENS: Three males rated it "above average" and three rated it "average." The ladies enjoyed it quite a bit more. Three of the seven indicated they loved "The Forest," with another two indicating they enjoyed it very much. The remaining two weren't impressed and rated it "below average" to "poor."
TWENTYSOMETHINGS: None
ADULTS: One male enjoyed it very much and one felt it was just an "average" movie (enjoyable but nothing special or memorable). One of the three ladies loved it but the other two rated it just "average."

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be best with the target of teens and young adults, and on the whole reactions should be fairly good but not great. Scores will lower as ages go up. Females may enjoy more than males.

Average critic rating:
Below Average (Roger Ebert)
Average (USA Today)
Average (NY Post)

 ***** 

THE REVENANT R
Moviegoer Opinions:
Based on a theater exit polling of 145 moviegoers:
For a movie with such strong content, these are very good reviews overall.
TEENS: Half the males and slightly over half the females loved "The Revenant." Another 40% of the males and 12% of the females indicated they enjoyed it very much. One of the males felt it was just an "average" movie. For 25% of the females it was apparently too much for them. They hated it.
TWENTYSOMETHINGS: Four of the eight males loved it, two rated it "above average," which indicates they enjoyed it very much, and two rated it "average." Four of the seven females loved "The Revenant." Two more rated it "above average" and one rated it "average."
ADULTS: Close to 80% of the males and females either loved "The Revenant" or enjoyed it very much. Most of the remaining 20% felt it was an "average" movie (enjoyable but nothing special or memorable).

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be fairly good but not great for this long, fairly slow, extremely brutal drama. Males will definitely prefer over females. Older adults may be more squeamish than younger ones.

Average critic rating:
Very Good (Berardinelli, Internet Critic)
Very Good (Roger Ebert)
Very Good (USA Today)
Good (NY Post)

 ***** 

THE LADY IN THE VAN PG-13
Moviegoer Opinions:
Opinions are collected opening weekend and will usually be online within a few days.

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
The target audience of older adults will be very positive, and on the whole reactions will be good. Women will enjoy more than men.

Average critic rating:
Good (Roger Ebert)
Above Average (NY Post)
Very Good (Rex Reed)

 *****

CLICK HERE for Older Releases

Google

Google