Navigation Bar - Text Links at Bottom of Page

Previous "What's Worth Watching" On Video
These are also now placed in the "Opinion" section for each movie listed.

Just Released: Jun 14
10 CLOVERFIELD LANE PG-13
Moviegoer Opinions:
Based on a theater exit polling of 40 moviegoers: 
Critics certainly enjoyed this movie as did younger moviegoers. Older moviegoers weren't as impressed.
TEENS: The three males loved it as did one of the 3 females. Unfortunately, the other 2 females felt it was a poor movie.
TWENTYSOMETHINGS: Great reviews from the males and 2 of the 3 females. Only about 15% of the males rated it as low as "average." The remaining 85% either enjoyed it very much or loved it.
ADULTS: The male and female reviews are very similar and, overall, not that good. Only about 20% loved "10 Cloverfield Lane." Another 20% of males and 10% of females felt it was an "above average" movie, which indicates they enjoyed it very much. Unfortunately, 50% of both males and females only rated it "average" (enjoyable but nothing special or memorable). Another 10% of males and 15% of females rated it "below average," which is quite low.

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be good for this thriller. Males and females will enjoy about equally. Younger adults will enjoy more than older ones though the latter will likely enjoy more than the genre norm.

Average critic rating:
Good (Berardinelli, Internet Critic)
Good (Roger Ebert)
Good (USA Today)
Good (NY Post)

 ***** 

HELLO MY NAME IS DORIS R
Moviegoer Opinions:
Opinions are collected opening weekend and will usually be online within a few days.

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be best with older moviegoers, but reactions will also be good overall. Women will enjoy more than men.

Average critic rating:
Good (Roger Ebert)
Above Average (NY Post)
Above Average (Rolling Stone)
Above Average (Rex Reed)

 ***** 

THE YOUNG MESSIAH PG-13
Moviegoer Opinions:
Based on a theater exit polling of 37 moviegoers: 
GREAT REVIEWS! Over half loved "The Young Messiah." Most of the rest enjoyed it very much. Only about 12% of the ladies felt it was only an "average" movie.

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be very good for this faith-based drama. Older adults will likely enjoy the most. Males and females will enjoy about equally.

Average critic rating:
Sorry, critics were not given an advance showing of this movie. You can use these links to see if they provided a review after the release date:
Berardinelli (Internet), Roger Ebert, USA Today, TV Guide, Newsday.

 ***** 

LONDON HAS FALLEN R
Moviegoer Opinions:
Based on a theater exit polling of 101 moviegoers: 
Wildly Varying Reviews from the professional critics! From Terrible to Above Average, who are you supposed to believe? Moviegoer reviews show a much different picture!
TEENS: The one male didn't think it was all that great. Two of the ladies loved it and the third one didn't enjoy it.
TWENTYSOMETHINGS: Forty-percent of the males loved "London Has Fallen." Another 40% enjoyed it very much rating it "above average." The remaining 20% felt it was just an "average" movie (enjoyable but nothing special or memorable). Of the 3 females, one loved it and two enjoyed it very much.
ADULTS: GREAT REVIEWS! Both the males and females loved "London Has Fallen." Over half indicated that they loved it with most of the rest rating it "above average," which indicates a movie they enjoyed very much. Only about 10% rated it as low as "average."

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be best with the target audience of men, especially young adult ones, and on the whole reactions will be good. Older adults will not be as enthusiastic.

Average critic rating:
Above Average (Berardinelli, Internet Critic)
Below Average (Roger Ebert)
Terrible (NY Post)
Average (Slant Magazine)

 ***** 

EDDIE THE EAGLE PG-13
Moviegoer Opinions:
Based on a theater exit polling of 81 moviegoers: 
WOW! I love movies like this because they clearly show how worthless professional critic reviews can be. It's clear to see, from these moviegoer reviews, that "EDDIE THE EAGLE" IS A HIT! The four critic reviews we randomly collected rated it average or below average. These moviegoer reviews clearly show that this is not just an average movie. I would say "Eddie the Eagle" is a MUST SEE MOVIE!

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be very good across the board for this inspirational and comic sports biopic. Males and females will enjoy equally, and reactions across the age range should similarly be even.

Average critic rating:
Below Average (Roger Ebert)
Average (NY Post)
Average (Rolling Stone)
Average (Slant Magazine)

 *****

CLICK HERE for Older Releases

Google

Google