Navigation Bar - Text Links at Bottom of Page

Previous "What's Worth Watching" On Video
These are also now placed in the "Opinion" section for each movie listed.

Just Released: May 2
THE COMEDIAN R
Moviegoer Opinions:
Opinions are collected opening weekend and will usually be online within a few days.

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be good for this comedy. Older adults will enjoy more than younger ones, and males will definitely enjoy over females.

Average critic rating:
Below Average (NY Post)
Poor (Slant Magazine)

 ***** 

RINGS PG-13
Moviegoer Opinions:
Based on a theater exit polling of 10 moviegoers: 
TEENS: Two males loved it and one rated it just "average." All the females loved "Rings."
TWENTYSOMETHINGS: The one male and one female didn't enjoy "Rings." They rated it "below average."
ADULTS: None

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be best for the teen and young adult horror crowd, and on the whole reactions should be fairly good but not great. Males and females will enjoy equally.

Average critic rating:
Poor (Slant Magazine)

 ***** 

A DOG'S PURPOSE PG
Moviegoer Opinions:
Based on a theater exit polling of 157 moviegoers: 
GREAT REVIEWS! Professional movie critics rated this movie low, but it's obvious that MOVIEGOERS LOVED "A DOG'S PURPOSE." Only a very small percentage rated it as low as "average," which is still higher than what many critics rated it. "A Dog's Purpose" is a GRAET MOVIE FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY.

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be very good for this drama, especially with the target of kids and parents. Younger adults will enjoy the least. Females may enjoy more than males.

Average critic rating:
Below Average (Roger Ebert)
Below Average (Rolling Stone)
Very Poor (Slant Magazine)

 ***** 

GOLD R
Moviegoer Opinions:
Based on a theater exit polling of 23 moviegoers: 
TEENS: None
TWENTYSOMETHINGS: None
ADULTS: These are decent reviews from both the males and females. Approximately 60% either loved it or enjoyed it very much. Unfortunately, the remaining 40%, or so, felt it was only an "average" movie (enjoyable but nothing special or memorable).

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Reactions will be best with older adults and on the whole will be middling to mildly good. Men will prefer over women.

Average critic rating:
Good (Berardinelli, Internet Critic)
Average (Roger Ebert)
Average (USA Today)
Average (NY Post)

 ***** 

THE RED TURTLE PG
Moviegoer Opinions:
Opinions are collected opening weekend and will usually be online within a few days.

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Our prediction will be available later today.

Average critic rating:
Very Good (Roger Ebert)
Good (Slant Magazine)

 ***** 

THE RESURRECTION OF GAVIN STONE PG
Moviegoer Opinions:
Based on a theater exit polling of 17 moviegoers: 
This Christian movie obviously wasn't promoted in churches since it wasn't well attended. That's a shame since it's a very enjoyable movie. Fifty-percent of the guys and 65% of the ladies loved it with all the remaining ladies and most of the guys giving it a rating of "very good," which indicates a movie they enjoyed very much.

Cinema Review Prediction: (before opinions)
Our prediction will be available later today.

Average critic rating:
Sorry, critics were not given an advance showing of this movie. You can use these links to see if they provided a review after the release date:
Berardinelli (Internet), Roger Ebert, USA Today, TV Guide, Newsday.

 *****

CLICK HERE for Older Releases

Google

Google